Every once in a while I need to quickly figure out what a potential completion date will be for a given project.
Usually we have the following information:
- Potential Project Start Date
- Guesstimate of the Total Project Hours
- Number of Potential Resources
- Hours per Resource per Day
- Resource will be working Monday-Friday
Using the variables above, I typically whip open Excel and use the WORKDAY function to give me a potential project finish date.
The trouble is, finding the Excel file (or recreating it) is inefficient, and when others want to do the calculation I have to send them the file.
To solve the troubles, I have created a quick and dirty web version called Can it be done.
If you would like to see the code, make it better, or use it in your own project, head on over to https://github.com/fhilton/can-it-be-done/